Steps to Repair Your Credit
1. Obtain your three credit reports.
2. Review the reports and locate the negative items.
3. Dispute the negative items with the credit bureaus.
4. Disputed items are removed or corrected. Items that were not re-verified are removed.
5. Negotiate with creditors and collection companies.
6. After negotiating and making payment, creditors delete the negative accounts or change them to a positive rating.
7. State the item you are disputing, but do not use dispute forms or file numbers provided by the bureau. This will cause fewer delays by the credit bureau asking for clarification.
8. Do not confirm the account if any information about the item is wrong.
9. Do not use letterhead (you don't want to raise any Red Flags).
10. Do not photocopy a fill in the blanks form letter (another Red Flag).
11. Send disputes during busy times of the year. For Example: The first to middle of November can cause a delay in verification because of Thanksgiving. Christmas rush for the creditor and the bureau can catch them before they can thoroughly investigate within a reasonable time.
|Learn more about: Refinance | Home Equity | New Home Purchase | FHA/VA | Less Than Perfect Credit
|About | Links | Disclaimer | Privacy | Suggestions | Advertise | Affiliate | Site Map | Log-In|
|Money Search is the 100% advertiser supported loan search engine. We are not a lender or broker. When you choose to inquire with a lender or broker who advertises on Money Search, your information remains between you and that lender(s). Advertisers are solely responsible for keeping their information current.
Copyright © 2006 MoneySearch.com
Powered by ZipSearch!
MoneySearch.com is a Venture Click company.
All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Mortgage Quotes From Lenders Near You: Alaska | Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Washington DC | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
Find The Perfect Loan: